Rochdale In Business is a brand new membership scheme by Rochdale Town Centre Management Company to connect local businesses and help each other connect, build, and prosper.
For a small monthly fee, you can benefit from a range of services and offers including discounts, sales, marketing, promotion, crime reduction, radio link, access to training and networking events, regular communications and keeping at the forefront of town centre news.
A range of membership options are available including bronze, silver, gold and platinum to meet your specific business requirements.
There are numerous features guaranteed to be of benefit to your business, along with ShopWatch and PubWatch Online to help keep your business safe.
Sign up today
and help your business and Rochdale town centre connect, build and prosper.
So what is Rochdale Town Centre Management all about and why is Town & City Management so important?
Rochdale Town Centre Management Company is a not for profit company limited by guarantee and is solely dedicated to improving the vitality and viability of Rochdale Town Centre.
The company was established to act as a catalyst between the council and town centre businesses which is a crucial role in ensuring the commercial viability of a healthy town centre.
The users of a town centre include working, living, shopping, entertainment, education, public services, health and leisure. Whilst there will always be specialist sectors who concentrate on any one aspect of the town centre, the company will co-ordinate all parties to ensure maximum results are achieved.
In order to maximise these various uses in a safe, accessible and consistent way; town centre management is extremely important and effective.
Just as business success demands a dynamic business plan with clear goals and objectives, town centre management extends the same principles to the very place where most businesses operate. It operates through a partnership of key stakeholders who all hold the same aspirations for their town centre, and who work effectively together to meet local needs.
We aim to:
- Build relationships with key players across the public, private and voluntary sectors
- Aim to partner RMBC and other relevant agencies to strive towards one of the best street scenes in the Borough of Rochdale by listening to the needs of businesses and visitors to ensure access, cleanliness, safety and security of the town centre are always maintained to the highest standards enabling us to improve our competitive edge
- With our partners we will establish common aims and aspirations to add benefit and value to our town
- Promote links between businesses to provide social and environmental improvements ensuring continued improvement in the vibrancy of the town centre
- Work together with the day and night-time economies to improve their economy
- Plan ahead for the continued success of the town centre in future years
As a member of the Association of Town & City Management (ATCM) we play a key role at national level bringing together a huge selection of organisations to work on policy developments to strategically enhance the overall evolution of our town centres.
Why a membership scheme?
The UK now has well over 200 town centre membership schemes, or in some towns and cities, business improvement districts (BIDs). These schemes give local businesses the power to influence changes that will benefit them in their local community.
In order to ensure Rochdale Town Centre Management continues to be successful it must become more self-sustaining, hence we introduced the membership scheme.